Location: Boston, MA
Blueprint Schools Network, Inc. (Blueprint) is a national non-profit
organization dedicated to helping school districts close the
achievement gap in their lowest-performing schools. Using a blueprint
of comprehensive reform strategies, we partner with school districts
to plan, implement, and monitor the progress of whole school
turnaround with the goal of improving educational and life
opportunities for students.
Blueprint uses five core strategies for school reform that are based
on work performed by leading researchers at Harvard University. The
blueprint represents one of the first attempts to distill successful
practices of high performing charter schools into a format that can be
transferred to all schools in a turnaround setting. The five
• Investing in human capital
• Increasing instructional time (longer school year and longer school
• Fostering a no-excuses culture of high expectations
• Building systems for data-driven instruction
• Differentiating instruction through in-school “high-dose” tutoring
We are currently working with 20 elementary, middle and high schools
in the Houston Independent School District (HISD) and ten K-12 feeder
schools in the Denver Public School District. These 30 schools will
serve more than 15,000 students in the 2011-12 academic year.
Recruitment Coordinator Roles and Responsibilities:
• Develop recruiting strategy for more than 400 math fellows,
teachers, and principals for our partner districts.
• Identify local and non-local channels of recruitment. Develop
calendar of events. Attend and plan events.
• Develop college outreach plan. Raise awareness via grassroots
meetings, volunteer “ambassadors” at key colleges.
• Oversee all Blueprint social media including Jumo, Facebook, and
Linkedin pages. Regularly update website with important and salient
pieces of information.
• Coordinate with current fellows, teachers, and leaders. Develop
weekly profiles of fellows to be featured on Blueprint website.
• Develop regular updates for district leaders and Blueprint
leadership on recruiting numbers.
• Develop selection strategy. Work with Director of Operations to
create a streamlined and centralized selection plan.
• A Bachelor’s degree in political science, government, economics,
sociology, education or similar fields preferred.
• At least two (2) years working in human resources, event planning,
consulting, logistics, or recruiting is a must.
• Comfort using Microsoft Excel is a must. Fluency is preferred.
• The ability to work with a team and multi-task.
• The ability to work in an entrepreneurial environment with
flexibility and a drive to work for an important cause.
• The ability to communicate, teach, and present information to a
variety of audiences including school and district leaders, other data
teams, and Blueprint leadership.
• Phenomenal organizational and planning skills.
• A commitment to the Blueprint mission and firm belief that all
children deserve the opportunity to succeed.
Salary is commensurate with experience. Please direct any questions to
To apply, please upload a cover letter and resume to: