District 7 City Council Candidates – FINAL LIST!!!
The final list for candidates who will face off in the preliminary election will be released today.
Candidates who did not meet the 191 necessary signatures will be eliminated from the race thus thinning the field from 16 Candidates to only those who met or exceeded the requirement.
Editor’s Note: Haywood Fennell is also conducting a write-in campaign, after not meeting the deadline to pull nomination papers.
The preliminary election will take place February 15th with the final election following on March 15th.
CANDIDATES FOR DISTRICT 7 SPECIAL ELECTION
UNOFFICIAL RESULTS OF THE SIGNATURE COLLECTIONS IN ORDER TO RUN
Those who met or exceeded the signature requirement
1. Cornell Mills (Former DA Investigator, Realtor, Entrepreneur, son of Senator Dianne Wilkerson)
2. Natalie E. Carithers (Former Chief of Staff for State Rep. Willie Mae Allen)
3. Althea Garrison (perennial Candidate for City Council and State Rep.)
4. Tito Jackson (Former Campaign Aide, Gov. Deval Patrick, son of Herb “Kwaku Zulu” Jackson)
5. Roy Owens (perennial Candidate for City Council)
6. Danielle Renee Williams
Those who are on the cusp and require further examination
1. Abdillahi Mash Abdirahman (Owner of Butterfly Cafe @Roxbury Crossing)
2. Sheneal Parker
3. Candace Sealey, Former district liaison for U.S. Rep. Michael Capuano
Those who did not meet the signature requirement
1. Anthony Baker
2. Lee Buckley
3. Carla M. Johnson
4. David James Wyatt (Former candidate for City Council)
5. Kevin A. Dwire
6. James Carr
7. Charles Omekagu Williams