Boston University Academy
Job ID: 10407
Position/Title: School Counselor
Employer: Boston University Academy
Type: Guidance Counselor/School Therapist
Click Here to View Employer Profile
The School Counselor designs a proactive rather than reactive program to support the cognitive, psychosocial, and academic needs of all students at the Academy. The school counselor works with students in both individual and group settings to address a range of adolescent mental health and developmental issues, working closely with the Assistant Head of School. The school counselor has regular communication with parents as well as with community resources and programs.
– Collaborate with parents, faculty, and outside professions to support student success
– Provide one-on-one and group counseling for all students
– Oversee accommodations process for students with special needs
– Respond to crisis situations
– Implement ninth and tenth Grade Health and Sexuality Course
– Supervise Peer Advising program
Minimum Degree: Ed. M
Certification Required: No
Minimum Experience: 3-5 Years
Education and Experience:
– Master’s degree in School Psychology or School Counseling required. Advanced degree preferred
– 4 -5 years’ experience at an independent school, professional licensure, and an advanced degree preferred
In your cover letter, please indicate that you learned of this job from nemnet.com.
Open Until Filled
All resumes and letters of interest can be sent to Alyssa Reisman, Administrative Manager email@example.com.